Makes 8 crêpes
You need a non-stick pan to successfully flip the pancakes. If you are having trouble, you can whisk in a bit more starch or flour. You can also add an egg if you don’t want to keep them vegan.
1. Whisk together rice flour, starch, milk, water, turmeric and salt in a bowl.
2. Leave to rest for about 30 minutes or up to 48 hours in a sealed jar in the fridge (meanwhile you can stir together the dipping sauce and corn salsa). Letting the batter rest makes them easier to flip in the pan.
3. Heat coconut oil (or butter if you are not vegan) in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
4. Add a thin layer of batter (we add 1/3 cup but the amount depends on the size of your pan) and tilt the pan around to make sure it is evenly distributed.
5. Wait 30-60 seconds for the batter to solidify and bubbles start appearing. Carefully loosen the sides with a spatula before flipping the pancake. Slide it onto a plate when both sides are golden. Fry the remaining the pancakes.
To make the dipping sauce, simply whisk together the ingredients in a small bowl.
Fresh Corn Salsa
Cut off the corn kernels from all sides of the cob and place them in a bowl along with the lime juice and olive oil. Chop the coriander and finely slice the radishes and chili. Stir it through the sals along with salt leave for a while to let the flavors infuse.
Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone, scope out the flesh onto a plate or bowl and mash the flesh using a fork or food processor. Add a bit of salt and lime juice to prevent it from browning.
Arrange the other ingredients in separate bowls and place on the dinner table along with the pancakes.
Dig in by adding a spoonful of avocado, a large tablespoon corn salsa and the other toppings/fillings. Fold together, dip in sauce and enjoy!